Maintenance Technician (Evolve Apartments)
compensation: Based on experience
employment type: full-time
• Experience in maintenance or related work
• Must be a team player with strong leadership skills to direct, motivate and develop employees and complete complex tasks.
• Good communication skills are required to speak with residents or coworkers
• This position will also be in an on-call rotation
• Must be able to complete work order requests in a timely manner or communicate with supervisor if help is needed
• Must be able to paint in an efficient and cleanliness manner
• Must be able to repair or diagnose minor plumbing or electrical issues
ogle map)• Walking or standing for long periods of time during a shift is common
• A self-starter, and possess the ability to coordinate activities among internal and external work groups.
• The work takes place in all weather conditions--the ability to work in the elements is an expected part of this position.
• Working outside of normal work hours during storm or emergency restoration and responding to customer emergencies during anytime of the day, including evenings and weekends is required.
• July 31st to mid August must be willing to work long days to prepare for move in - some exceptions will be allowed. Notice to the supervisor will need to be given in advance.
• Knowledge of plumbing, electrical and appliance repair or troubleshooting
• Snow removal in the winter months
The following skills will set you apart from others:
• HVAC experience - Specifically Heat Pumps
• Drywall repair work
• Pool Chemical knowledge
• OSHA Safety understanding
• Student Housing experience
Hours and Travel
• This position requires the individual to work a minimum of 40 hours per week with occasional overtime if approved by supervisor
• Reliable transportation is required to be on time for work
• Individual needs to be willing to work additional hours as necessary to meet deadlines or assist with emergency restoration activities and could be given very short notice to do so.
• Individual should be willing to participate in the on call rotation in case of potential issues.
• Could potentially work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of the customer, which may include evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime.
• Must be able to work during TURN which is July 31st - mid August