Mechanical Design Engineer
About the Job
At Perception Engineering we believe in bringing passion, creativity, and pride into everything we do. The way that we do this is by leveraging a dedicated and trained team, equipped with the highest quality tools, to develop superior solutions to our partners' engineering problems.
We are looking for another team member that is hungry, humble, and smart to join our passionate team as a Mechanical Design Engineer. This is a technical position that requires mechanical aptitude and the ability to manage multiple projects across different industries.
“Changing the Perception of Engineered Solutions one Relationship at a Time”- Strive for Excellence - Humbly Confident - Passionate - Do What is Right –Job Description:
Mechanical Design Engineer Duties and responsibilities:
· Use mechanical skills and experience to come up with creative and manufacturable solutions
· Work on complete machine design projects from concept to testing and install
· Design automated equipment and fixtures using SolidWorks.
· Design layouts, assemblies, and detail drawings using SolidWorks
· Hands-on build and troubleshoot assemblies as needed
· Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions
· Review and understand customer’s project specifications
· Manage and maintain project schedules
· Manage multiple projects at once in an organized and detailed manner
· Travel to customer locations as required for on-site support, design reviews, and consultations
· Maintain a view of the big picture while making sure smaller details are not missed.
- Excitement for contributing to the growth of a small business
- Passion for mastery of SolidWorks
- Firm understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Professionalism and ability to adapt to various customer environments
- 2-3 years of experience with Machine Design and Automation
- Working knowledge of industry-standard practices and techniques for machining, building, and drafting