Plant Engineering Manager
Plant Engineering Manager
Leprino Foods Company · Allendale
Within our 300-person Allendale, Michigan manufacturing facility (20 minutes outside of Grand Rapids), we are seeking a highly qualified Engineering Manager on the plant's technical leadership team to continue moving our organization to even larger levels of food quality, reliability, and production efficiencies. We take pride in our vision to be the "world's best", it's why we work harder, invest more, and continually innovate.
* Serving directly under the Plant Manager while providing leadership to the Engineering, Utility (Ammonia systems, etc), and our Maintenance department, by implementing and maintaining programs in technical training, safety, quality, communications, performance recognition, and internal employee development to drive peak employee efficiency.
* Develop and manage all capital projects to ensure consistency with capital program objectives and scope, timeliness of schedule, accurate documentation and operating procedures, capital cost accounting and control, and disposition of project funds.
* Actively own the processes for performance management, employee development, and engagement.
* Build and foster strong working relationships, collaborative teams, and a positive work environment.
* Identify capital projects and engineering processes that lead to maximum equipment uptime to meet company and customer specifications and government regulations.
* Sets standards for safety involvement and accountability in the department and leads by example.
* Prepare the engineering budget, develop capital programs, control capital spending, report progress to the Plant Manager and department management, connect with local, state, federal, government, and independent agencies to ensure appropriate permits and compliance with governmental regulations.
* Lead the Maintenance and Engineering department's financial performance to assure that a quality product is provided at the least possible cost.
* Accept a challenging environment where solving problems, continuous learning, and a high technical curiosity is the norm, not the exception. Take ownership of your career - it's yours to grow if you're willing to put the work in.
* Forbes once called Leprino Foods a "Biotech company wrapped up in the food business". With our sophisticated manufacturing operations, this is the place to build your career as a highly technical leader.
You Have At Least (Required Qualifications):
* Bachelor's Degree in an engineering subject area.
* Five years of leadership experience and skills in leading, influencing and working with engineers and maintenance professionals.
* Project Management and Capital Projects experience
* The ability to perform shift work in a 24/7 operational plant (the milk never stops coming).
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
* Knowledge of engineering principles, design theory, maintenance systems, process methodology, sanitation practices, regulatory standards, energy systems and design.
* Financial administration in areas of capital expenditures and budget management.
* Proven leadership and solid understanding of both engineering and maintenance operations in a manufacturing environment.
Leprino Foods embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Offering you in return:
A chance to be part of a global team of individuals passionate about producing and delivering high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Leprino Foods could not be where it is today without our incredible employees. That is why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring great people who are in it for the long run is our goal. Through competitive salaries and bonuses, medical/dental/vision coverage, tuition assistance, vacation, nine paid holidays, dedicated sick time, annual merit increases, as well as our combined LFC Profit-Sharing & 401(k) plan. Your impact will be noticed and rewarded, as you seek to further our company, our customers, and one another.
Leprino Foods' history dates back over 65 years when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We've grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the world's largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the "World's Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company." To help us achieve that bold vision, we're looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated team member who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com
Leprino Foods requires all individuals to wear the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as required by the role and location.
Leprino Foods Company supports a drug-free workplace and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran
Nearest Major Market: Grand Rapids