Growing Grand Rapids based company is looking for a Custom Sheet Metal Fabricator /Installer to join their team.
- Operate metalworking machines such as shears, brakes, punches, and drill presses, and CNC equipment to cut, bend, punch, drill, shape, or straighten sheet metal.
- Fit and join sheet metal parts using riveting, welding, soldering and similar equipment to fabricate products such as ventilation shafts, exhaust hoods, partition frames, dust collection piping, and material handling systems.
- Install sheet metal products according to specifications and building codes.
- Install and use rigging and hoisting equipment.
- Inspect product quality and installation for 100% conformation to specifications.
- Keep up with production pace throughout shift.
- Follow directives from supervisors/leads.
- Must have own tools.
- Must pass weld test.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings, sketches, and work specifications.
- Mechanically inclined with ability to troubleshoot.
- MIG and Stick welding skills required, TIG welding a plus
- Strong math skills.
- Must have weld fabrication experience with sheet metal and structural welding.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work OT as needed.
- Must be able to travel 50-75%. Travel will be in two weeks with up to one-month increments.
- Great attendance
- Problem Solving Ability – the ability to identify alternative solutions to a problem and to select the best option; the ability to identify the system component that is causing the error, as well as the options available for resolving it and completing the task.
- Attitude toward Others – maintaining a positive, open, and objective attitude toward others.
- Initiative – the ability to direct one’s energies toward the completion of a goal, without external catalyst; the ability to initiate actions based on one’s own interpretation or understanding of a situation.
- Consistency and Reliability – the capacity to feel an internal motivation to be conscientious in personal and professional efforts; the need to be consistent and reliable in life roles.
- Relating to Others – the ability to coordinate personal insights and knowledge of others into effective actions; the ability to make use of accurate interpersonal skills in interacting with others.