Words of Affirmation – Using words to build the other person up.
- Looking for the perfect words to express your love? Walgreens and Family Fare has an assortment of great greeting cards to choose from. Have a special saying you want to turn into a keepsake? Creative Image Designers, UDesign Textiles and Pack and Mail/The Locker Room can transfer your words onto an array of products. Matching piercings or tattoos anyone? Screaming Needle Tattoo can make your expression of love permanent.
Acts of Service – Doing something for your significant other that you know they would like.
- Does your significant other despise pumping gas in the cold? Head on over to JH Family Stores and fill up the tank or get the family car detailed at Lake Michigan Auto Sales and Detailing. Finish those projects on the “honey-do-list” with ease. Allendale True Value and Family Farm and Home have the tools and expertise you need to start checking off projects. Maybe you head over to Daily Deals and do that weekly grocery shopping to say “I love you.”
Receiving Gifts – Giving gifts that let the other person know you are thinking about them.
- Looking for a one-of-a-kind gift? Head over to The Red Door and check out their collection of unique new and vintage finds from dozens of vendors. Gift certificates make awesome gifts too! Schedule a hot stone or deep tissue massage at The Rouge Salon or gift a relaxing facial or hair treatment. Guys like to be pampered too. The Men’s Room or Great Clips can take care of that for you.
Quality Time – Giving undivided attention.
- Area restaurants often have dinner specials for two on Valentine’s Day. Check out options like Main Street Pub and Peppino's Ristorante Sports Lounge for promotions. Farmhaus Cider will open the Cidergarten Tasting Room one day in February on the 23rd from 4pm-8pm. Hard and non-alcoholic cider are available for tasting. Purchase food from the food truck or bring your own food and make it a picnic in this outdoor, woodsy, romantic setting.
Physical Touch – Being physically close.
- Hold hands as you stroll through the Ottawa County Grand Ravines Greenway Trail and Dog Park. Be sure to stop for selfies on the 275 foot suspension bridge. Not the outdoorsy type? How about a couples manicure and pedicure at JV Nail Spa? Or cozy up and take in a live performance of Wonderful Town performed by the Grand Valley Opera Theater February 8 – February 17.
For more information or to contact the businesses mentioned above, go to www.allendalechamber.org.