Friends and Family Day:Family friendly activities, movie, and more
Here’s the event schedule, which includes some fun, water-related activities for kids:
• 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm Water fun including water rockets, stream tables, runoff models, tattoos, water-color painting and more!
• 3:00-4:00 Dancing by the Pond Open Children’s Class for ages 5-11. Learn and perform a dance inspired by the many ways water moves. Following the class will be a brief showing of what we create. All levels of experience welcome! Sign up your child for the dance class (Space is limited).
• 4:00 - Guest Appearance by Louie the Laker
• 4:30 - 5:30 - Live interactive performance of Paddle to the Sea by Song of the Lakes
• 5:30 - 6:00 - Water fun including water rockets, stream tables, runoff models, tattoos, water-color painting and more!
• 6:00 - 8:00 - Moana by the Pond with popcorn (weather permitting). Bring your blanket and curl up for a showing of Moana.
*Making Waves is designed to create collaboration across campus among students, faculty, and staff, as well as with the community. The goal of the Initiative is to explore and investigate the many ways that water touches our lives, from being a life-force to defining GVSU in relation to the Grand River and Lake Michigan.